Received my year’s stash from British Curlies not too long ago, trialing lots of new products at the moment so wanted a place to document what’s working and not working, winning combos, what I haven’t liked very much etc etc.
My hair’s at a weird in between length at the moment - HATING IT, I like short cropped hair or long hair, inbetween doesn’t work for me so i’m sitting on my hands whilst I finish growing out my mohawk, holding out til August minimum but ideally first week of October before contemplating any type of major haircut (That’ll be a year’s break from shaving down my sides) although I won’t lie I do love the scissors and revamping my style soo we’ll see! haha!
◦ 1 x Repair Me! 12oz
◦ 1 x Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion 12oz
◦ 1 x Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo 12oz
◦ 1 x Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner 12oz
◦ 1 x Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie 12 oz
1 x Kinky-Curly Knot Today 8oz
◦ 1 x Bee Mine Strawberry Kiwi with Sulphur 2oz
◦ 1 x Bee Mine Bee Loved Hair & Scalp Moisturiser 2oz
◦ 1 x Bee Mine BEE•U•Ti•FUL Moisturizing Deep Conditioner 2oz
◦ 1 x Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturiser 2oz Coconut Cream
◦ 1 x GVN Smooth As Silk Conditioner 250ml
◦ 1 x GVN Direct Leave-In Conditioner 250ml
◦ 1 x Type 4 Hair Creme 2oz
◦ 1 x Organic Biotin Conditioner 500ml
Plus I have some samples of Vatika Frosting LOVES and DB Daily Leave in and Hairveda Cocasta (sp) Oil, haven’t tried these yet
As I start to work my way through my stash I’ll update here with thoughts and comments.
Used to be a fan of Aubrey Organics but I’m not anymore currently trying to finish the following;
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish
AO GPB Condish
and literally can not bring myself to use the AO GPB shampoo…thinking of mixing in some oil olive perhaps?? I shampoo about once a month currently so this could take me a while as I also working through bottles of CURLS Purifying Shampoo and CJ Daily Fix and now Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo which I LOVE
Product Junkie you say? Nope not at all lol I like to have products on rotation so that my hair doesn’t get too ‘used’ to anything..as I mentioned used Aubrey Organics for over a year and now my hair and I cant stand it
Anyhoo that’s it for now, very interested on hearing from other curlies in terms of their winning combos etc etc, massive fan on this forum been a member for the past 2 years although I’ve been a bit quiet recently but saying that I’m still a major silent stalker (I’m hearing good things about Tresemme Naturals condish, I’ve been looking for a cheap co-wash so may have to try this soon! So I can save my conditioners for DTs and PTs!)