These are the rules that govern the use of the site, it’s forums, blogs, galleries and comments. Please read these as by registering on the site you are agreeing to abide by them. Our Curl Forum is a moderated Forum as such we have a few rules/guidelines in place to ensure a comfortable and friendly environment for our members.Our moderators are volunteers there will be zero tolerance of abuse towards them.
britishcurlies.co.uk aims to be a helpful resource for our members. It is a place for fun, informative and interesting chat where members can share their experiences and opinions.
Please note that only users who are 16 years of age and over are allowed to post on britishcurlies.co.uk
The Curl Forum forum is a place to share and care about your beautiful naturally curly hair, we welcome members from across the UK and beyond.BritishCurlies.co.uk is not a professional advice forum, and no one should use it as such.
We want every user on britishcurlies.co.uk to have an enjoyable experience within our community. We therefore expect that anyone who uses a britishcurlies.co.uk account will act in a responsible manner and have respect for their fellow users. The BritishCurlies Rules exist to help maintain a friendly and supportive atmosphere for everyone who participates in the community. It is important to read them carefully as they define what type of behaviour is not acceptable on britishcurlies.co.uk.
All posters’ comments are their own, and are not britishcurlies.co.uk ‘s views.
The following activities are deemed to be unacceptable on britishcurlies.co.uk:
Advertising or Soliciting is not allowed!
- Members can speak about any brand or service experience however postings that are malicious in content will be removed.
- Attempts to collect or store personal information about other users of britishcurlies.co.uk are considered advertising, as are requests for participation in research or TV shows.
- Any post containing links or non clickable URLs of non-BritishCurlies.co.uk community sites may be removed.
- Please use existing threads where possible. Unused threads may be deleted as well as threads which are used to populate the Curl Forum with no genuine care or interest.
- We allow you to maintain a Curl Diary. Members who allow their diaries to languish unused for months will have their Curl Diaries deleted.
- Offensive and Abusive posts.
Libellous, unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, harmful, sexist, homophobic, threatening, obscene, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material will not be tolerated on britishcurlies.co.uk.
- Be patient. Users of all ages and abilities will be taking part in the community.
- Please refrain from using ALL CAPS in your posts as it comes across as if your are SHOUTING. Posts like these will be editied and the member will be notified by private message. Repeat offenders will be removed from the Curl Forum.
- Impersonating someone else is unacceptable, as is adopting an inappropriate screen name (one that is vulgar, offensive, etc.)
- You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights.
- Visual sexual references are not allowed.
- Posting Private Messages or any other form of personal information including email, name, or address to the discussion boards without the person’s consent is not allowed.
- Please do not post anything relating to any ongoing or pending court case as such a post may be in Contempt of Court.
- Please treat others on these message boards as you would expect them to treat you. Contributions should be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or posted with the intention of causing trouble.
You also agree to indemnify BritishCurlies.co.uk against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by britishcurlies.co.uk as a result of your breach of either the libel rule, contempt of court rule, or plagiarism/copyright rule.
Purposely spamming a message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages to bump your post to the top of the active thread list is not allowed. We don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please do not re-submit your contribution to more than one conversation.
We recommend not giving out personal details such as your surname, postal address or phone number on our Curl Forum. This is for your own safety and protection as other people browsing britishcurlies.co.uk could easily misuse this information. Remember, when you are online, it is very easy for people to pretend to be someone they’re not.
*All users who register to BritishCurlies.co.uk agree to be bound by the rules and terms and conditions. Changes to the rules and terms and conditions will be publicised - posting to the britishcurlies.co.uk indicates acceptance of any publicised rule. Any user who breaks the rules or terms and conditions may have their message removed and possibly be banned from posting on britishcurlies.co.uk.
- Temporarily suspended and banned users are not allowed to post to britishcurlies.co.uk; in cases of such abuse, we reserve the right to contact your Internet Service Provider or employer.
- Please note that the use of multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community is prohibited. In such cases an immediate ban will be actioned on the duplicate account and disciplinary action taken against the primary account.
- Reporting abuse
If you see a message that you feel is breaking the Rules above, please report it to the Moderator by clicking the Report link above the post. It will then be evaluated and removed or edited at the Moderator’s discretion. Deliberate misuse of the reporting facility is not allowed