Let’s be honest: a Brazilian curly weave is one of the most stunning hairstyles ever. It not only makes the girl look gorgeous but also a bit busy because, trust me, Brazilian curly hair is high maintenance. Yet, the time is worth the look you are going to get.
If you were lucky enough to get this hair type from mother nature, you should be super grateful. It’s like winning the lottery. I’m one of those people who can enjoy this hairstyle, and I must say I am obsessed with it. I have taken care of it for a lot of time, but the effect is stunning.
Once you know what to do, you are not even going to notice this simple daily thing that you should follow to keep your natural hair looking stunning. Some of the most important things you should remember are:
Don’t Wash Too Often
Don’t wash your hair every day. If you wash your hair too often, it is going to get dry. Brazilian hair can go even a few days without washing and still look stunning.
No Wet Brushing
Avoid using a brush when it’s wet. Instead, use your fingers or a wide comb.
Give What’s Best to Your Hair
Choose good hair products. You want to avoid stripping your hair of natural oils and moisture. Reach for a mild shampoo, the more natural the better. Use a deep conditioner.
Say No to Artificial Heat
Avoid unnatural heat. Flat irons, blow dryers, or curling irons can destroy your hair.
Cut Your Hair Frequently
Trim your hair often. Brazilian curls can break more often than straight hair.
Only Trust Professionals
Go to a professional hairdresser. The worst thing you can do is pick a hairdresser that doesn’t know what they are doing and is not specialized in taking care of Brazilian curls.
What If You Were Not Lucky Enough?
Many people don’t get a chance to enjoy natural Brazilian curls. But don’t worry, it doesn’t mean you cannot get this hairstyle. If you don’t have hair that is long enough or strong enough to make Brazilian curls, you can always reach for hair extensions or even wigs.
There is a giant choice of wigs and extensions made out of natural human hair in which you can look stunning.
Brazilian curls are usually made of virgin human hair, thanks to which you can enjoy a natural look of luxurious, thick, and silk-like hair.
Having a Brazilian hair extension or wig doesn’t mean you are not going to have to take care of it. On the contrary, to keep it lasting longer and looking stunning, you have to pay attention to the daily care it requires.
You have to wet down your hair daily and put conditioner on it. There are more things to remember:
Just like with natural hair, you have to remember to detangle your Brazilian curls. The best way to do it is by using a wide-tooth comb or a special detangling brush. You have to slowly work from the tips to the roots, little by little.
Never forget about this step. When your hair is properly detangled, all the following steps are much easier.
Use Shampoo and Conditioner
To get rid of frizz and define the curls, you should use shampoo and then conditioner. Be sure that you let the conditioner sit for a while, so it can work as it should.
If you don’t have naturally curly hair you might not know what co-washing is. Simply saying, it’s washing your hair only with a conditioner. It’s a common practice among owners of afros or Brazilian curls. You can also proceed with this method with your Brazilian virgin hair wigs and extensions.
Never Forget About Deep Conditioning
In the case of natural hair, it can get moisture and oils from the scalp. When you want to keep your extensions vivid and healthy-looking, you have to keep them moisturized. Prepare a cold wash in which you use the best conditioner.
Pick only those products that are dedicated to curly hair. The best is to choose natural cosmetics. Especially avoid products with alcohol and silicon. They tend to make hair dry and stiff.
How to Style Brazilian Curls
- First, you have to spray your hair with a mixture of water and conditioner. To make it easier, prepare this mix in a spray bottle. Thanks to this, you can easily detangle your hair.
- Brazilian hair is very easy to style. It has its natural curl. However, if you want a more formed curl, you can scrunch your hair when it’s wet.
- If you have to blow dry (remember to avoid it), never use the blow directly on your hair. The less heat you use, the longer your extensions are going to last.
- You can color your hair. Just be sure that you give your hair enough moisture.
- Avoid cutting your Brazilian hair weave. When you decide on that, try to seal the weft.
- When you have issues with styling your hair, don’t be afraid to reach for styling aids. Gel, hairspray, and mousse can become your friends. Use them in moderation and reach for alcohol-free options to keep your extensions in perfect shape.
Preparing to Sleep with Brazilian Curls
It’s very important to take care of your hair before going to bed. Thanks to this, you can keep your extensions in a perfect state for a very long time.
- Before sleep, braid your hair into a loose braid. Undo it soon after waking up.
- If you noticed your hair is dry, put some hair oil or conditioner on it. Thanks to this, your hair remains humid and shiny.
Whether you are an owner of beautiful Brazilian curls or just purchased a wig or extensions to get this stunning hairstyle, you have to remember the daily care of your hair. It might seem like a lot of work and indeed it requires a bit of effort, but once you know what to do, it should become a natural part of your daily routine.